- Hits: 29375
We want to inform pilots who want to fly through Ticino’s Switzerland area that a military TMA is present upon the airport of Locarno (map of flight online).
To know when this is active it is essential to always consult the ATIS Info at Locarno Airport by calling the telephone number +41918161744 or the official ATIS aeronautical frequency 133.45
For further information about our region’s air spaces, please check our web site: http://cvlt.ch/le-zone-di-controllo-ctr-2/
- Hits: 32249
Few suggestions about “landing in a not ordinary landing field” while flying in Mt. Cornizzolo’s area.
If you are not used to this kind of landing, it could be exciting.
We wish to let you face these landings in the easiest and safest way.
It’s more likely that you will enter a private area during the landing, so please remember to pay attention to plants, grassland and more stuff.
In case of complaints of the field’s owner, please try to be kind.
Here you are a list of landing fields in the East side of the Mt.Cornizzolo:
- Suello - 8 type landing, wind from W-SW (be careful to some thermal activities)
- Isella - C type landing just upon the camping, wind from W-SW (try to land on the first step; keep the second for emergency)
- Civate – 8 type landing upon the warehouses, wind from W-SW (pay attention to power line)
Sala al Barro – 8 type landing, wind from S-W (Mt. Barro’s cave, from here is possible to see perfectly landing n°3)
- Lecco (Bione Sport Center), 8 type landing, wind from S. The landing is a fenced field and you nead to climb the fence to go out. (Pay attention to power line).
Alternatively in the North part of the center there are many football fields divided by a low fence.
- Garlate – 8 type landing, wind from W – S.
- Vercurago – 8 type landing, wind fro S – W. (Don’t stay too closed to the landing during the descent and pay attention to thermal activities)
Here you are a list of landing fields in the West side of the Mt.Cornizzolo:
- Segrino - Connection to eight, wind S-W (dispose of well, not much space)
- Scarenna - Connection to eight, wind S-W (very easy, between the power line and the crag)
- Proserpio - Connection to eight, wind S-W (easy)
- Erba - campo sportivo - Safer of the landing 5. Connection to eight, wind S-W (easy)
- Erba - stazione ferroviaria - Connection to eight wind S-W (dispose of well, probable thermal bubbles)
- Eremo San Salvatore - Connection to eight, wind S-W (dispose of well, however it's large) Preferable to landings 4 and 5
- Como - ex manicomio - Connection to eight, wind S-W
- Hits: 45981
Scurbatt join at the project "Radio Rete Montana". For National Convention has established a single channel.
PMR-466 Channel 8-16 "(8 channel + CTCSS code 16). This channel corresponds to the radio frequency 446.09375 MHz with a 114.8 Hz application of sub-audible tone (CTCSS).
We recommend everyone to make serious use remembering that emergency frequency is of just listening.
- Hits: 23898
To do cross-country from the Cornizzolo mountain are needed immediately small crossings of at least 4 km.
The classic flight, called by Scurbatt, "giro del catino", takes place on front the plain at the morning flying due west to the city of Como where ends the ridge, then go back due east to Lecco and pass through the lake where another ridge you follow towards the south-east until its end and then back to Cornizzolo. About 70 Km.
More flights of greater complexity can be made starting from Cornizzolo.
Here are some of them: (click on image the flight to open it)
- Hits: 31726
The Cornizzolo is a mountain that overlooks on plain and behind him begin the Alps.
The territory is characterized by optimal conditions of fly determined by the orography of land. In normal condition of fly the wind coming from the Padana plain. The area of Cornizzolo is a classic playground for national and international competitions of paragliding.
The landing of Suello at the restaurant Cielo&Terra, is a real area of luxury thanks to the commitment and hard work of the local clubs, in particular Scurbatt and Paragliding Club Lecco, has become a meeting point essential for pilots.